DenmarkBridge Award celebrates Danish Moonshots
DenmarkBridge – founded by Danske Bank, LEGO, A.P. Møller-Mærsk, Novo Nordisk, DI and the Danish Growth Fund – now launches the DenmarkBridge Award 2017. The award celebrates initiatives that challenge our perception of what we can achieve by using innovation and new business models. The deadline for nominations is March 3.
The DenmarkBridge Award is a new Danish business award granted to individuals, companies or projects that with a moonshot mindset has reached big goals while using innovation and technology in business.
The association DenmarkBridge, founded by Danske Bank, LEGO, A.P. Møller-Mærsk, Novo Nordisk, DI and the Danish Growth Fund, grants the award. His Royal Highness The Crown Prince of Denmark is patron of DenmarkBridge. The association aims at bridging the gap between Danish companies and Silicon Valley, one of the world’s primary hotspots for technological innovations, by creating a community consisting of high-level strategic networking and knowledge sharing among like-minded business partners.
”With the DenmarkBridge Award we want to promote a so-called moonshot mindset. In Silicon Valley the term moonshot is applied to projects or companies that dare to think the unthinkable, that radically challenge conventional business model and aim for the highest goals in business. Danish companies need to apply such a mindset in order to win the ever-increasing competition for future customers,” says Lars Dalgaard, member of the board, DenmarkBridge and former founder and CEO of SuccessFactors.
From today until March 3 nominations can be submitted for review. Nominees can be individuals, projects, initiatives, organizations or companies that fulfill at least one, and preferable more, of the following criteria.
• Ambition. The winner has demonstrated or leveraged a moonshot mindset with the capacity for changing the way we think and behave.
• Innovation and technology. The winner has demonstrated or leveraged the use of innovation, entrepreneurship and new technology.
• Commercial impact. The winner has demonstrated – or enabled – a substantial commercial impact.
• Network effect. The winner has connected people and/or organizations between the US and Denmark.
Nominations must be submitted at: www.denmarkbridge.com/award
The winner will be announced by His Royal Highness The Crown Prince on 3 May 2017 at the Annual Meeting of the Danish Growth Fund. Join the award ceremony by signing up for the Annual Meeting of the Danish Growth Fund.
Christian Majlund, Senior Consultant, The Danish Growth Fund / +45 81 77 30 76 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie Lerche Ratzer, Communication Advisor, The Danish Growth Fund / +45 22 91 30 38 / email@example.com
Facts about Denmark Bridge
DenmarkBridge was founded by private businesses in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs of Denmark, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and Ministry of Higher Education and Science of Denmark.
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince is patron of DenmarkBridge.
The founding members appoint the Board of Directors. The Board consists of:
• Christian Motzfeldt, Director, The Danish Growth Fund, Chairman DenmarkBridge
• Ole Andersen, Chairman, Danske Bank
• Jacob Aqraou, Investor and former Sr. Vice President, eBay
• Scott Bonham, Investor and former Co-Chair of C100
• Thomas Bustrup, Director, Confederation of Danish Industry
• Lars Dalgaard, Entrepreneur, founder and former CEO of SuccessFactors
• Carl Erik Kjærsgaard, Founder and CEO, Blackwood Seven
• Carl Bilbo, Vice President, Novo Nordisk
The Danish Growth Fund is the Secretariat of DenmarkBridge. DenmarkBridge complements the activities at the Innovation Centre Denmark in Silicon Valley. The network has a Director stationed in Silicon Valley.